|Staff:||Jennifer Forsyth, Karen Anderson, Mauri Saito
|Office Hours:||8:30 am - 5:00 pm Dec 1- Sept 30 closed 12:00 - 1:00 pm|
|Mailing address:||251 "B" St. West, Suite 14
Vale, OR 97918
|Where?||The Tax office is located on the first floor of the county courthouse in Room 110.|
|Department at a glance:||Tax mailings, tax collections.|
Property Tax Information
Please keep your mailing address current
If you have moved, it is your responsibility to notify the County Assessor's Office. Call (541) 473-5117, or write to 251 B St. W. Vale, OR 97918 to change your address. Failure to make timely payments due to mis-delivered mail could result in the loss of the discount and/or accrual of interest.
1. Mail us a check or money order. If your check is returned from your bank for any reason, a $25 processing fee will be added to your account. Loss of discount and/or accrual of interest may occur. Future payments will need to be made in cash or certified funds.
Post-dated or two-party checks will not be accepted.
2. Pay in person at the tax office, 251 "B" St. West, Vale, Oregon
3. Online payments with credit card or e-check. Go to the Home Page, Quick Access, Pay Property Taxes Online.
4. Telephone payments. 1-877-309-4918
Opciones de pago:
1. Envíe el cheque o giro postal
2. En persona en la oficina de impuestos
3. Los pagos en línea Si usted necesita un cambio de dirección, por favor comuníquese con la oficina del Tasador al 541-473-5117.
4. 1-800-487-4567 pagos por tele'fono.
Mailed payments must have a readable postmark or transmittal date on or before the due date shown on the front of the tax statement to be eligible for a discount. U.S. Postal Service postmark date or private express carrier transmittal date will be considered the date received.
*** Do not mail cash ***
Your canceled check is your receipt or if requesting a receipt, you must send a self-addressed stamped envelope.
Individual tax statements for less than $40 must be paid in full (ORS 311.505).
Interest will be charged on any payment made after the installment due date for the schedule you choose. The rate of interest as determined by statute is 16 percent annually. For payment installments, please see the back of your original tax statement.
Delinquent tax information
The fiscal year (or tax year) for all property is July 1 through June 30.
The total personal property tax becomes due and is considered delinquent when any installment is not paid by its due date. Personal property is subject to summary seizure and the responsible taxpayer is subject to warrant service 30 days after the delinquency date.
Real property taxes become delinquent if not paid by May 15. Foreclosure proceedings will begin on real property after three years from the date taxes become delinquent.