|At a glance:||The Malheur County Veterans Service Office is dedicated to providing assistance and guidance to Malheur County Veterans and their dependents for benefits provided by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs and the state of Oregon free of charge.|
|Staff:||Connie Tanaka, Veterans Services Officer|
|Postal Address:||316 NE Goodfellow St Suite 4
Ontario, OR 97914
Office is located at 316 NE Goodfellow, West of Home Depot.
• Disability Compensation
• Non-Service Connected Pension
• Widows Pension / Dependency Indemnity Compensation
• Burial / Death Benefits
• Obtaining DD-214 (Discharge Papers)
• Health Care Enrollment
• Obtaining a VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility
• Educational Benefits
• State Veterans Homes
• State Veterans Cemetery
• Transportation to Medical Appointments
• Referrals to other authorized agencies or providers as needed
The veterans service officer has an understanding of the problems that confront veterans, widows, widowers and their children. I know the extent, the meaning, and the application of federal veterans laws (statutes and regulations) passed in the interest of veterans and their dependents.
We assist in filing initial federal VA claims for compensation, pension and other benefits.