Transportation Program


Malheur County receives federal grant funding from the Department of Transportation which is passed through to Malheur Council on Aging and Community Services (MCOA&CS) to operate a transportation program and provide transportation services. Malheur County and MCOA&CS provide such programs and services without regard to race, color, sex or national origin in accordance with Title VI of the federal Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes he or she has been or may have been discriminated against or have been the victim of any unlawful practices under Title VI, in requesting or receiving transportation services from Malheur County or MCOA&CS, may file a complaint.

To file a complaint and obtain a form, please contact:
Malheur County Court
Dan P. Joyce, Malheur Court Judge
Don Hodge, Malheur County Commissioner
Ron Jacobs, Malheur County Commissioner
251 B. Street West, #5
Vale, OR 97918
(541) 473-5187 phone (541) 473-5576 fax
Lorinda DuBois
Malheur County Administrative Officer
251 B St. West, #1Vale, OR 97918
(541) 473-5183 phone (541) 473-5168

Brittany White
Transportation Manager
SRT/Malheur Express
Malheur Council on Aging/ADRC
842 SE 1st Ave
PO Box 937
Ontario, OR 97914
Phone: 541-881-0000
Fax: 541-889-7433

This statement is also available in Spanish language.

More information on MCOA& Malheur County civil rights program, including a copy of their respective adoptive Title VI Plans is provided below. Language interpretation and TTY service for the hearing impaired is also available. For persons who wish to file a complaint and who may have hearing impairment, are deaf or are speech-impaired, please use the Oregon TTY Relay Service by calling 1-800-735-2900. Let the TTY operator know the number you wish to call. A TTY device on your computer or phone is required to utilize this service. Services are available in Spanish, for more information please call 1-844-889-7651. For other language interpretation, Malheur County uses Oregon-based Passport to Languages Interpreting Services. The phone number is 1-800-297-2707. For sign language, Oregon Disabilities Commission maintains a list of interpreters (503) 378-3142 or 1-800-358-3117 (TDD or voice).

A written complaint may also be filed directly with the Federal Transit Administration by writing to:

Federal Transit Administration
Office of Civil Rights
Attn: Title VI Program Coordinator
East Building, 5th Floor-TCR
1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC 20509
Intermodal Civil Rights Manager
Office of Civil Rights
Oregon Department of Transportation
355 Capital Street, NE
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 986-3169


Statewide Transportation Improvement Fund (STIF) 

Title VI plan